Title VI Indian Education Formula grant
Pawhuska is the lead LEA for a consortium of school districts that applied for the Title VI Indian Education Formula grant (Bowring, Osage Hills, Shidler, Newkirk).
Objectives of the Title VI Program:
Increase school readiness.
Increase knowledge of cultural identity and awareness by improving assessment scores.
The roles and responsibilities of the Parent Committee are:
Establish the by-laws which detail responsibilities and authority in accordance with the Indian Education Act regulations.
Serve in an advisory/advocacy role.
Approve all program components and budgets.
Monitor program activities and budgets.
· Project Coordinator-Dr. Jacque Canady, Osage County Interlocal, Executive Director (918) 885-2667.
· The 506 Form (attached) https://s3.amazonaws.com/scschoolfiles/360/title_vi_506_form.pdf
· Title VI Interventionist Staff:
LuAnn Christian Luannchristian@pawhuskadistrict.org Serves Indian Camp and lower elementary
Libby Strahan Libbystrahan@pawhuskadistrict.org Serves upper elementary and high school
· Johnson O’Malley flows through the Osage Nation Education Department.
Contact: Avis Ballard for eligibility requirements (918) 287-5545.
· Link to Osage County Interlocal webpage: https://www.ocic.k12.ok.us/
Resources for teachers, parents, and students
· Links for college/career/scholarships: